Thursday 12 March 2015

March Beauty Favourites - The Sensitive Edition


LA ROCHE-POSAY EFFACLAR DUO FACE CREAM

I used to pick up this cream on the rare trips I made to Paris, French pharmacies rock, but now it's easily available in the UK so a trip across the channel isn't needed. This light cream sinks easily int skin and is intensely moisturising even though it's not heavy. I suffer from such sensitive skin, it's a joke, and I get allergic reaction from a whole host of ingredients but this moisturiser is definitely suitable for sensitive skin. The main claim is that it's anti-blemish which, to be honest, I'm not sure about because a dermatologist once told me spots are almost 100% genetic or hormonal and don't respond to topical treatments. Effaclar however does help to even out skin tone and feel. This is one of my favourite face products for sure.

DR. BRONNER'S LAVENDAR LIQUID SOAP

Dr. Bronner's Liquid Soap is a staple in my beauty regime, not least because it's ethical, works amazingly well and is suitable for even the most sensitive of skins. The formulation is about 150 years old and Organic certified - there are no nasties in this. You can even wash your vegetables with it, which I've tried and I'm still here. The lavender version is great in a hot bedtime bath, if you have babies then this is a fab product that you can both use.

ARM & HAMMER ENAMEL CARE SENSITIVE TOOTHPASTE 

Arm & Hammer Enamel Care Sensitive Toothpaste is MY toothpaste. I've found my brand and I'm sticking with it. I tried another brand a few moths ago and had to throw it out because a/ my tooth sensitivity came back with a vengeance and b/ my moth just didn't feel clean. The baking soda taste in this takes some getting used to but does wonder for naturally whitening teeth and this enamel formulation can apparently even fill minor cavities. Definitely worth a try if you have sensitive teeth, after a day or so it disappears.


WHAT ELSE AM I LOVING...

No comments: