Wednesday 18 March 2015

#INSTALUNCH The Hoxton Hotel, Holborn

During a wonderful stay in this hip and happening hotel, my phone and I obviously had to try out a couple of the resident restaurants at The Hoxton, Holborn.
So here is my #INSTALUNCH review of Hubbard & Bell and the Chicken Shop... where I had brunch and dinner respectively. I'm stuffed. 

CHICKEN SHOP

What I ate...
...Chicken, obviously. Well, they don't do anything else here except some excellent sides. Me and my dining partner (hey sis) ordered 1/2 a chicken, crinkly chips and the avocado salad. Then swiftly ordered another 1/4 chicken because it's just the best chicken ever. It's so unbelievably good, so juicy, I would eat here every day if I could. I drank a beer and she had a wine.

What it costs…
It was just under £40 for the two of us including service charge and we went away absolutely stuffed.

What’s the verdict?
You just can't beat the Chicken Shop, the menu is spartan but it's perfectly curated and every dish is absolute perfection. It's worth mentioning the apple pie, which I didn't have this visit, it's other-worldly good and you can eat as much as you want!

5/5
_____________________________________________________________________________

HUBBARD & BELL

What I ate...
The full English breakfast which came with delicious black pudding (too often omitted from brekkies these days), two very tasty sausages and some kind of bacon which was about a centimetre thick, really salty and just divine. My friend Soph had the mashed avocado on toast with a poached egg which I obviously tried and lo it was good. They also do cold pressed juices and a range of teas.

What it costs…
About £15 per person for breakfast with a drink. The portions were really generous too.

What’s the verdict?
The dining area of Hubbard & Bell is so well designed, it reminds me of a New York deli, with a big, wide open kitchen, lots of tiles and very friendly and courteous staff. There's lots of natural light and light-coloured decor including booths with jolly yellow seats. I felt so chilled-out here, the acoustics are great because they minimise noise so it's a lovely, laid-back dining experience.

5/5

The Hoxton Holborn, 199-206 High Holborn, London WC1V 7BD

You can read my review of The Hotel and rooms right HERE. With thanks to The Hoxton Hotel.

No comments: