Friday 20 February 2015

#INSTALUNCH Shear's Yard Leeds

I hold my hands up, I'm addicted to posting pictures of our food on Instagram #sorry. Rather than seek help, I'm  fanning the flames and taking it to the next level… #INSTALUNCH. 

I eat, I snap, I tell you all about it… 

This month I'm in Leeds at the wonderful Shears Yard where beautifully presented modern British food, local produce and savoury, yes savoury, cocktails are the order of the day.
What I ate…
To start I had a ham hock terrine with pickled spring vegetables and piccalilli sauce, followed by a seriously delicious Hake on a bed of casseroled beef with tomatoes from the chef’s mate. Dessert blew my mind – an almond frangipane cake with rum-soaked black cherries and blackberry liquorice sorbet. The menu changes frequently to use the best seasonal and local ingredients.

What I drank…
Blueberry Brambles, a refreshing carrot juice based cocktail and savoury cocktails with marmite (try them, they’re good) and homemade liquors. My favourite was their new rhubarb cocktail. 

What I wore…



What it costs…
About £30 per person for a starter, main, dessert and cocktail but there’s a fixed price menu for £17.50 and bottles of wine from £10. 

What’s the verdict?
The interior of exposed brick, filament light bulbs and poured concrete floors is uber cool, there’s a lovely terrace for summer cocktails and the food is super tasty. Throw in accommodating, knowledgeable staff and purse-friendly prices and you’re on to a winner.

4.5/5

Shears Yard, 11-15 Wharf Street, The Calls, Leeds, LS2 7EH.

No comments: