Sunday 15 February 2015

#INSTADINNER Tredwell's Soho

I review Marcus Wareing’s Tredwell’s Restaurant in London’s Covent Garden armed with only a phone and a large appetite. 

I hold my hands up, I’m addicted to posting pictures of our food on Instagram #sorry. Luckily all three floors of Tredwell’s are extremely Instagram-worthy. Here’s the lowdown. 

What I ate…
To start I had the warm Heritage Carrot Salad which was very, well, carroty with a rainbow of carrots on a creamy carrot puree – divine. I also had to try the Chorizo Jam with dipping bread which is like a mini chilli con carne only tastier. 
Mains were the succulent Confit Duck with cabbage and the Short Stack Rib which literally (I saw it happen) fell off the bone. Dessert was a cornflake dish that tasted like the mix you make with your mum for those chocolate cornflake buns and that is, of course, a good thing. I salon tried the sin-free chocolate brownie which tastes better than it should being gluten and sugar free.

What I drank…
Gunpowder gimlet cocktail which is a limey, cardamom drink in a martini glass and utterly refreshing plus a Sparkling Cyanide which was made with Green Chartreuse and Sherry and had a delicious Maraschino cherry at the bottom. 

What I wore…


What it costs…
About £50 per person for a starter, main, dessert and cocktail. You can also pop in just for one of Tredwell’s excellent cocktails at the bar alongside some sharing plates. 

What’s the verdict?
The friendly staff really make this place, I’ve been three times and the welcome is always warmer than warm. The knowledgeable bar staff will even create you a bespoke (and delicious) cocktail if you ask nicely. Laid back dining at its best – this place is great for mates or a dinner date.

5/5

Tredwell's, 4a Upper St Martin's Lane, London WC2H 9NY
Ben and I in Tredwell's

No comments: