Thursday 19 February 2015

#INSTABRUNCH at Jago Shoreditch

I review Jago, a Middle Eastern restaurant in Shoreditch, east London armed with only a phone, a slight hangover and an insatiable appetite for brunch 


I hold my hands up, I’m addicted to posting pictures of our food on Instagram #sorry. The beautiful Jago is an orange dream just waiting to be snapped - so I did, enjoy the review and the photos. 

What I ate…
Well it was brunch and I was in the heart of London's Jewish community so it seemed only right that I had a Salt Beef and Chrain (beetroot and horseradish paste) Beigel... not bagel, I'm a connoisseur. It was honestly one of the best bagels/beigels I've had, although the bright pink chrain did stain my top, but then I'm a messy eater. I also tries the Orange Cake with Orange Curd which was very, very Orangey. It knocked my socks off - even if you smoke 40 cigarettes a day your taste buds will have no problems with these bold flavours. 

What I drank…
A fresh cold-pressed green juice which was very refreshing, I also tried a red one which was very nice - the juices come served with ice which makes them taste a little better I think. Anyway, the health conscious are well-catered for, juice-wise, here. I also had an English Breakfast tea but Jago also do a great cafe latte. 

What I wore…


What it costs…
Around £15 per person for a breakfast dish, dessert and a couple of beverages. I was shocked that I'd spent 2 hours eating wonderful food for so little cash.

What’s the verdict?
This place is stunning, it's like a The Conran Store 3015 but with way more orange. It's just a delight to sit in the surroundings. The staff are also very laid back, allowing you to take your time and they cracked a few, genuinely hilar, jokes. I like. I would like to come back and sample their dinner menu.

5/5





No comments: