Sunday 18 January 2015

Spice Market London


A few weeks ago myself and my housemate Amy went to restaurant Spice Market in London's cool W Hotel for a well-deserved treat. Having never been to this eatery, sister to Spice Market New York, I thought I'd share and review my experience.

The decor is pretty cool, it's kind of what it says on the tin, evoking a sense you are in a spice market, albeit an upmarket one - there are spices and sauces available to buy and plenty of lanterns and Asian-inspired details everywhere. 

The food is probably best descried as pan-Asian, it's not a particular style, some dishes were recognisably Indian, others Thai or Chinese-influenced. 

I almost tried everything on the menu, oops, but my highlights were the salmon tartare, which was refreshing and light, and the Spicy Thai Slaw was honestly delicious, I couldn't put the bowl down - and for someone who doesn't like coleslaw, that was weird. It was more of a crunchy salad though, delicious. 

The chicken samosas were spicy and tasty with a thin pastry crust and rich filling, I highly recommend them, and their cod is also a treat. The good thing about their menu is, because of the spices and way things are seasoned with lime or mint, the food doesn't sit heavy on the stomach.

I washed everything down with prosecco and sweet lychee bellinis. 

Ave. cost per head: £45
Best for: Early dinner with the girls

Spice Market at W Hotel, Leicester Square, 10 Wardour Street, London W1D 6QF








No comments: